Thursday 10 October 2013

Autumn Haikus


Fields of aged gold
Boughs hang heavy with ripened fruit
Shimmering Cider


The year grows old
Leaves blown by the wind
Golden rainfall


The rolling fields
Fade into a mist shrouded horizon
Dark ocean of trees



The seasons turn
Cold bites the wind blowing from the North
Jacket required



Chill touches spine
Voices from ages gone whisper haunted imprecations
Costumed carnival


Young eyes sparkling
Domestic explosive detonates among the stars
Sacrificial straw man


Equinox to Solstice
Advancing nights herald Winter's Onset
Cyclic beauty





7 comments:

  1. Love these! I'm so in love with Autumn, and these are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder it didn't turn up in my reading list since it's a year old!

    I don't really like haikus, unfortunately - never could appreciate them - so all I can do is commend your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not one for the Haiku: and, actually,I loathe them. A good bit of these, I really wouldn't consider haikus, Jez... Yes, I was counting syllables. It doesn't matter, though, because they are fantastic. It's the thought. You know that I adore Autumn. I consider it The Dying Season and have a poem somewhere, titled that. It's a time of fading, the end of cycles; but it is a time of magic. You caught that. :-) I love them. My first comment had been better than this and I copied and pasted each and had something to say. I wasn't signed in...not sure I like this site; but, again, you know how I am. ;-) Loveths~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apologies for the grammar... Rum... *looks around, then flees...

    ReplyDelete